Moderated by: GravyBoat
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Cryptocurrency  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jul 19th, 2017 00:13
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
MountainMan

Bitcoin is the big one but there are actually over 600 of these cyber currencies using blockchain.  Blockchain technology as a currency is quite an interesting concept and it may be the future of electronic currency.  But it is backed by nothing.  The dollar, yuan, ruble, yen, sterling, euro, etc are at least backed by a government/nation(s) that make them legal tender.  And if you want to buy a cryptocurrency on the market, guess what, you have to use a legal tender currency.
I have to admire the folk that invented bitcoin.  They created this artificial currency out of thin air and then sold it for dollars, euro's, yuan, rubles, etc.  Brilliant.Lots of people made a lot of money dealing in cryptocurrency but it's only as valuable as the next guy is willing to pay for it.  Can you say 'Dutch tulip market bubble"?
Isn't a crypt a place of death?

Posted: Thu Jul 20th, 2017 07:05
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
GravyBoat
Captain of the Guard

The dollar isn't backed by anything. Backed by the full faith and credit of the United States? Like I said - nothing.

At this point the Bitcoin is backed by the value of the electricity it took to data mine it, which costs literally a thousand times more than the cost of printing a thousand dollar bill.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Posted: Thu Jul 20th, 2017 23:45
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
MountainMan

GravyBoat wrote: The dollar isn't backed by anything. Backed by the full faith and credit of the United States? Like I said - nothing.

At this point the Bitcoin is backed by the value of the electricity it took to data mine it, which costs literally a thousand times more than the cost of printing a thousand dollar bill.
Inconviencing a few thousand electrons really isn't worth (or more costly) than a fiat government currency.  If the whole shit-house goes up in flames none of the fiat currency is worth squat, but if only half of it goes up in flames, government backed pretend money will still be worth more than computer created pretend money.I keep some silver just in case.  And some lead just in case.  And a firearm to propel the lead at deadly efficiency just in case.

Current time is 18:50  
SpeakFreeForum > General Topics > Technology > Cryptocurrency Top

Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1550 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 25 queries executed.