SpeakFreeForum Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
SpeakFreeForum > General Topics > Business > McDonald's at All-Time High as Wall Street Cheers Cashiers Replaced by Kiosks

Moderated by: AgentOregon
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
McDonald's at All-Time High as Wall Street Cheers Cashiers Replaced by Kiosks  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jun 23rd, 2017 21:00
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
GravyBoat
Captain of the Guard

Next up, robot customers.

McDONALD'S STORY

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/20/mcdonalds-hits-all-time-high-as-wall-street-cheers-replacement-of-cashiers-with-kiosks.html

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Jun 26th, 2017 23:48
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
MountainMan

Do they program the kiosk to ask "Do you want fries with that?", the same way they program their cashiers that are only worth $5 per hour?

Here is the deal, I can walk into a McDonalds and tell a cashier what I want, then that cashier enters my order into a computer, or I can enter my order directly into the computer. By removing the unintelligent and uneducated cashier McDonalds has effectively removed one of the failure points in their system.

Bonus for McDonalds, kiosks don't call in sick, don't show up late and never get a bad attitude.

Posted: Tue Jun 27th, 2017 00:37
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
GravyBoat
Captain of the Guard

I thought about that the other day, they'll program it to ask if you want fries, that's when people will start smashing those kiosks.

:Yes Yes!:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 18:54  
SpeakFreeForum > General Topics > Business > McDonald's at All-Time High as Wall Street Cheers Cashiers Replaced by Kiosks Top

Lead Theme By: Di @ UltraBB
UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1475 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 24 queries executed.